Tips For Great Pizzas
October 31, 2017
A pizza made at home should be better than a commercial pizza. These tips can help!
- Don’t under bake the crust. The crust is done when the bottom is partially browned. Use a spatula or tongs to lift one edge and peek at the crust.
- Olive oil makes a much nicer pizza crust than vegetable oil.
- Instead of piling the goodies on the uncooked dough, partially bake it first. Usually about eight minutes will do. Then pull it out of the oven, put the toppings on, and finish baking.
- Place the pizza low in the oven where radiant heat from the heating elements will help bake the crust.
- If you don’t have time to make or buy your favorite sauce, a jar of spaghetti sauce will do. Homemade is better but a good commercial sauce is okay.
- Toppings can be anything you want them to be. Measurements don’t count though less is usually better. Experiment with some of your favorite foods.
- If you are having trouble cutting your pizza with a knife or pizza wheel, grab the kitchen shears.