Safeguard Your Skin
July 1, 2021
The harshness of summer and winter can take their toll on our skin’s condition. To look after your skin throughout the year in all seasons, use these simple tips to safeguard your skin on the inside and outside of your body.
- Drink water steadily throughout the day. In hot weather you’ll probably need more.
- Increase your ‘high water’ food intake – salads, fruit and vegetables.
- Beverages like alcohol, coffee and tea have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Apply a high SPF sunscreen regularly and repeatedly throughout the day. Remember ultraviolet rays can reach you on cloudy days and while you are in the shade.
- Between 11am and 3pm take extra care and stay inside or within the shade to avoid the strongest sun of the day.
- Spritz your face regularly throughout the day.
- Choose loose cotton, silk or linen clothing which allow perspiration to evaporate naturally.
- Wear a floppy hat to keep the heat off your head, ears, and neck.