Pen Pal Day is June 1!
June 1 is the nationally recognized day to celebrate pen pals. Nothing beats receiving a personal letter in the mail!
Whether it is an old friend, a family member, or someone you have never met, receiving a personal correspondence can brighten up your whole day. With our current social distancing guidelines, now is the perfect time to put pen to paper, reach out, and become pen pals with a senior living resident, a grandchild, a family member, an old friend or neighbor.
Here are six reasons to write to your pen pal:
- Reflection promotes self-care.
- Enjoy new friendships, or maintain old ones.
- Express creativity.
- Connectivity with those you cannot see in person.
- Opportunity to deepen your understanding of people from different walks of life.
- Creation of keepsakes and memories.
It’s time to break out your colorful pens, stickers, and stationery and get writing today! Consider writing to your pen pal about personal events, memories, and ideas.